- VMware Workstation Player
- GNU Radio Live SDR Environmento
Windows system machine with 4gb of ram and dual core processor, hackrf or rtl sdr device.
- Download GNU Radio Live SDR Environment 3.7.11
- Download VMware Workstation Player
- Install VMware Workstation Player
- Start VMware Workstation Player
- Create a new virtual machine , installer disc image file (iso) with GNU Radio Live SDR Environment image
- Open virtual machine
- Download xaelsouth-rtl-wmbus-master.zip from Link: https://github.com/xaelsouth/rtl-wmbus
- Install rtl-wmbusDecoder
Download xaelsouth-rtl-wmbus-master.zip from Link: https://github.com/xaelsouth/rtl-wmbus
Unpack the source code
Open terminal to the top level directory rtl-wmbus-master and insert command:
Open terminal to the top level directory rtl-wmbus-master and then use one of these three options:
To save IQ-stream on disk and decode them off-line:
rtl_sdr samples.bin -f 868.9M -s 1600000cat samples.bin | build/rtl_wmbus
To run continuously:
rtl_sdr -f 868.9M -s 1600000 - 2>/dev/null | build/rtl_wmbus
To count "good" (no 3 out of 6 errors, no checksum errors) packets:
cat samples.bin | build/rtl_wmbus 2>/dev/null | grep "[T,C]1;1;1" | wc -l
Carrier-frequency given at "-f" must be set properly. With my DVB-T-Receiver I had to choose carrier 50kHz under the standard of 868.95MHz. Sample rate at 1.6Ms/s is hardcoded and cannot be changed.
samples2.bin is a "life" example with two devices received.